MCR200 – EMV Smart IC or Chip and PIN Card and Magnetic Stripe Card Reader and Writer
MCR200 EMV Smart IC, EMV is short for Europay, MasterCard, and Visa, the 1994 founders. It’s a secure software for payments and commonly refers to a credit card with a smart chip.
- 2 in 1 – Read and write capability for both EMV and Magnetic Stripe Card
- Read or write EMV Smart IC or Chip and PIN Card
- Read or write Magnetic Stripe Card or passbook in both ISO & IBM format
- Read or write up to triple tracks (track 1, 2 and 3, 300-4000Oe)
- Support PBOC2.0, EMV IC card
- Software provided for only magnetic card Reader or Writer.
- Software for EMV IC Card or Chip and PIN card reader or writer is not provided.
- 1 MCR200
- 1 Head Cleaning Card
- 1 CD Containing Drivers
- 1 RS232 Connection Cable
- 1 Power Adapter With 24v DC Output
- 1 AC Power Cable
When was smartcard invented?
In March 1979, Michel Hugon from Bull CP8 was the first to design and develop a microprocessor-based card combining a processor and local memory. He invented the computerized smart card.
What is EMV® ? S Reduced in-store payment fraud.
What is EMV smartcard?
EMV is short for Europay, MasterCard, and Visa, the 1994 founders. It’s a secure software for payments and commonly refers to a credit card with a smart chip. The EMV standard is a security technology used worldwide for all payments done with credit, debit, and prepaid EMV smart cards.